ScarWork™ is coming to the North East of England. The venue is in Washington, not far from Newcastle upon Tyne and Sunderland. The course will be delivered over 4 consecutive days, from Thursday 26th March to Sunday 29th March 2020. Join us and learn Sharon Wheeler’s original ScarWork™. Unlike some scar massage, these 20 ScarWork™ techniques are comfortable to the patient and gentle on the therapist’s hands. Discover the gentle approach to scar management techniques.
Learn the application of ScarWork™ to help improve scars after surgery or accidents. With extensive skill development sessions, attendees will complete the training having really gained confidence and understanding in the application of these simple but effective techniques. At the end of this training you will be certified as a ScarWork™ Therapist and listed on the UK register.
This course is delivered intensively over four consecutive days. The first two days, we will cover the majority of the theory and the 20 techniques. We refine the techniques in extensive clinical sessions on members of the public. We will have group discussions to consider different approaches, considerations for treatment and treatment plans. Intensive learning is often easier for those who struggle to get away from work and who are looking to quickly acquire new skills to enhance their therapeutic practice. Some learners will find that concentrating on covering the full ScarWork course without additional distractions will enable them to focus on learning the new pressure, original techniques and the ScarWork approach to treatment. For those needing to travel further to attend training, this may be the more cost effective option.
Summary of learning:
- Scar healing timelines
- Different presentations of scars including keloid, hypertrophic and contracture scars and considerations for therapy
- Physical restrictions caused by scars: Understanding of surgical scar tissue and the lasting impact on movement and mobility
- Common complications after surgery and the impact on healing
- Sharon Wheeler and the development of ScarWork™
- Contraindications to ScarWork™
- Palpitation and scar assessment skills
- 20 ScarWork™ techniques, designed to promote healthy scar tissue and their application on a range of scars
- Emotional impact scars and the benefits of therapeutic touch
- Supporting your clients recovery and signposting
- Scars and fascia
- Wider considerations for treatment
- How often and for how long? Developing ideas for treatment planning and scheduling within your therapy clinic
- Client consultations and record keeping
The days are divided into theory and practical sessions. Clients begin the practical work with paired practice and advance to external client sessions, where a variety of members of the public attend. Attendees will have numerous opportunities to develop their skills in the correct pressure and delivery of the ScarWork™ techniques on a variety of scars from new to old scars and larger surgeries to keyhole procedures*.
Maximum 14 attendees. At the end of the course attendees may choose to attend an advanced ScarWork™ course.
All attendees must be professionally qualified in a full body therapy such as massage, osteopathy, physiotherapy etc. Attendees must hold up-to-date professional insurance (suitable for their background). at least one year’s experience in therapy to participate on this course. No previous knowledge of ScarWork, scar treatment or working with scars is required.
*where permitting, subject to volunteers available for the sessions
Dates or location are not suitable this time? Subscribe for updates to be the first to hear about future training dates.
Please read the terms and conditions before booking
Payment Option 3: Flexible payments £580 (inc VAT)
Contact email@example.com for a PayPal flexible invoice. £70 non refundable deposit is required to secure your place, the remaining balance can be paid in full, or partial payments to suit you. The remaining balance should be paid in full 14 days in advance of the course.