Two day workshop (£290) for therapists who have already completed Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork™ Therapist full training. Participants can further enhance their confidence and skills in adapting the techniques to help clients who have had MSK (musculoskeletal) surgery such as joint replacement, screws, plates and pins and keyhole surgery at a joint.
Participants will have a chance to run through all the relevant techniques from the original ScarWork™ Therapist course and then further develop their skills, particularly emphasising how to integrate ScarWork™ into your normal clinical sessions. Within the course clinic, participants will have the opportunity to treat volunteer models with a variety of post-operative MSK scars.
Designed by Emma Holly, using her experience with her clients, to enhance your skills and develop a thoughtful approach to ScarWork™ treatment. Considerations for positioning, treatment planning and ensuring a holistic approach to recovery alongside ScarWork™ techniques are covered.
Unlike the breast cancer post-certification workshop, this course has no theory content during the two classroom days. We will be focussed on practical skill development. Pre-course reading will cover approaches to surgery and common complications in scar healing after MSK surgery including infection, ongoing irritation and tissue necrosis. When to treat scars after MSK surgery, considerations for optimal recovery. How to support your client after surgery and treatment planning examples. Attendees will be provided with a video link to refer to after the course for the practical techniques.
Friday 18 September 9.45am-5pm
- Practical demonstration of Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork™ techniques suitable for MSK surgeries
- Practical ScarWork™ technique refinement and development (paired practice)
- Demonstration on a volunteer model of scar assessment techniques
- Understanding the impact of MSK surgery on movement and fascia
- New ideas for working around the knee including additional techniques developed by Emma Holly
Saturday 19 September 9.30am-4.30pm
- Treatment demonstration on a volunteer model
- Practical clinical session with scars from MSK surgery
- New ideas for working around the hip including additional techniques developed by Emma Holly
- Emotional impact of MSK surgery and the benefits of therapeutic touch
Emma Holly has been working extensively with scars since qualifying in ScarWork™. She has a busy clinical practice exclusively offering scar treatments. Emma has supported the Invictus athletic team since 2017 and is also co-ordinating therapists to deliver treatment to veteran athletes through Help4Heroes in 2019. As an accredited ScarWork™ teacher, Emma has delivered training to therapy staff at Saracens Rugby Team and British Athletics soft tissue and physiotherapists.
Maximum 14 students. Only book if you already hold a ScarWork™ certification
Payment Option 3: Pay in flexible instalments £290 (inc VAT)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a PayPal flexible invoice. Deposit payment of £80 secures your booking, the remaining balance can be paid as and when suits you between the date of booking until 14 days before your course starts.
Please read the terms and conditions before booking