Two day workshop (£290) for therapists who have already completed Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork Therapist full training. Participants can further enhance their confidence and skills in adapting the techniques to help clients who have had MSK (musculoskeletal) surgery such as joint replacement, screws, plates and pins and keyhole surgery at a joint.
Participants will have a chance to run through all the relevant techniques from the original ScarWork Therapist course and then further develop their skills. Within the clinical session, participants will have the opportunity to treat volunteer models with a variety of post-operative MSK scars.
Designed by Emma Holly, using her experience with her clients, to enhance your skills and develop a thoughtful approach to ScarWork treatment. Considerations for positioning, treatment planning and ensuring a holistic approach to recovery alongside ScarWork techniques are covered.
Friday 28th September 10am-5pm
- – Practical demonstration of Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork techniques suitable for MSK surgeries
- – Practical ScarWork technique refinement and development (paired practice)
- – Demonstration on a volunteer model of scar assessment techniques
- – Common complications in scar healing after MSK surgery including infection, ongoing irritation, removal of pins plates and screws and tissue necrosis
- – Understanding the impact of MSK surgery on movement and fascia
Saturday 28th September 10am-4.30pm
- – Treatment demonstration on a volunteer model
- – Practical clinical session with scars from MSK surgery
- – Building relationships with consultants, physiotherapy and rehabilitation staff and developing opportunities for business development and specialism
- – When to treat scars after MSK surgery, considerations for optimal recovery
- – Client expectations and treatment planning
- – Emotional impact of MSK surgery and the benefits of therapeutic touch
- – Supporting your client’s recovery and signposting
Emma Holly has been working extensively with scars since qualifying in ScarWork. She has a busy clinical practice exclusively offering scar treatments. Emma has supported the Invictus athletic team since 2017 and is also co-ordinating therapists to deliver treatment to veteran athletes through Help4Heroes in 2019. As a ScarWork teacher, Emma has delivered training to therapy staff at Saracens Rugby Team and British Athletics soft tissue and physiotherapists.
Maximum 12 students
Only book if you already hold a ScarWork certification
Please read the terms and conditions before booking