If the advertised dates aren’t suitable for you, we can organise a private ScarWork™ Therapists Certification course. Two therapists are required, so learn with a friend or colleague or get in touch and Restore Therapy may be able to match your requirements with another therapist.
This will be delivered over 3 days (24 hours) to suit your schedule and our availability, either 3 consecutive days or as a non-consecutive course, delivered over 2 days followed by a gap with time between to practice your skills, returning for the final day to complete the course.
With one tutor and two therapists, this allows extensive time for feedback and skills development. A wonderful opportunity for any therapist looking to develop their skills. Learn the application of ScarWork™ to help improve scars after surgery or accidents. Attendees will complete the training having really gained confidence and understanding in the application of these simple but effective techniques. At the end of this training you will be certified as a ScarWork™ Therapist and listed on the UK register.
Summary of learning:
- Scar healing timelines
- Different presentations of scars including keloid, hypertrophic and contracture scars and considerations for therapy
- Physical restrictions caused by scars: Understanding of surgical scar tissue and the lasting impact on movement and mobility
- Common complications after surgery and the impact on healing
- Sharon Wheeler and the development of ScarWork™
- Contraindications to ScarWork™
- Palpitation and scar assessment skills
- 20 ScarWork™ techniques, designed to promote healthy scar tissue and their application on a range of scars
- Emotional impact scars and the benefits of therapeutic touch
- Supporting your clients recovery and signposting
- Scars and fascia
- Wider considerations for treatment
- How often and for how long? Developing ideas for treatment planning and scheduling within your therapy clinic
- Client consultations and record keeping
The days are divided into theory and practical sessions. Clients begin the practical work with paired practice and advance to external client sessions, where a variety of volunteer models attend. Attendees will have numerous opportunities to develop their skills in the correct pressure and delivery of the ScarWork™ techniques on a variety of scars from new to old scars and larger surgeries to keyhole procedures.
This course is delivered to 2 attendees at Restore Therapy Clinic in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. Dates are organised to suit your needs but weekend availability is usually limited.
Attendees must be professionally qualified in a full body therapy such as massage, osteopathy, physiotherapy etc. Attendees must hold up-to-date professional insurance (suitable for their background). at least one year’s experience in therapy to participate on this course. No previous knowledge of ScarWork™ scar treatment or working with scars is required.
Please read the terms and conditions before booking
Costs: £950 inc VAT per person
Contact Restore Therapy at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and organise payment.